Open sores in between inner thighs and lower testicles, burn relief cream drying out the sores. How can they be prevented from spreading?

hi im Alex for about 5 days now i stared getting open sores in between my inner thighs, and lower testicles i went to the doctor and he said it might be a skin irritation from shaving or clipping or from wearing tight underwear and pants, he prescribed me burn relief cream. ive been using it for 2 days now and it seems to be drying out the sores but they are spreading, any idea what it might be or how i can prevent it from spreading?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012