Open sore behind ear, smokes pot. Suspect of opiate intake. What treatment is recommended?

i think my son is on opiates.... i am afraid i am being blind or naive.... he talks me into things.. that make me believe he is being truthful.. maybe cause its too painful for me to believe... he got let go of his job of 4 years... he is not going to college.. .he is 18... he uses money like there s no tomorrow and can t account for it... I know this sounds like a stupid question.. i m sorry... i m a single parent. His dad lives 4 states away and left us when he was just 3. and does not make an effort but just chooses to blame me for everythiing and telll me what i did wrong with him... I am a paralegal and worked for ciminal defense attorney and defended drug dealers... you would think i would see this.. i know all the terms and signs... but in my own child... i cannot see them... please help me... i don t know what to do and i m alone and don t know if i have the strength to do what i need to do.... It is taking over my life as well as his.. He s been in treatment twice and was charged with possession about 7 months ago.. I know he smokes pot... that is least of my worries now as i m afraid its opiates.. His friend says he has seen him do this.... He has an open sore behind his ear.. like a pimple that is red and looks infected... and his face is breaking out.... he doesn t eat right... please help me... thank you so much!
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012