Open linguil hernia surgery. Swelling and numbness. Stool discoloration. Intestinal infection due to the surgery?

Hello. I just had left open linguil hernia surgery about 4 weeks ago. Aside from a fair amount of swelling and numbness, the recovery seems to be going well, the healing ridge is almost absorbed already, it doesnt hurt to cough any more, and i can bend over, walk, etc for the most part with little or no discomfort. But for about the last 3 days, Ive noticed some pain and discomfort right above the surgery site, almost like a bloated dull pain. It seems to feel warm to the touch compared to the other side. I assumed its just part of the healing process. Ever since the surgery Ive been passing normal stools , and i had 2 totally normal colored bowel movements earlier today, but tonight I had a movement that was basicly so dark green that it looked black. It didnt have the normal odour of stool either, it seemed to have more of a septic smell, like sewer water. The only thing I ate today was a burger from a fast food resturaunt that seemed fine, and never caused stool discoloration before. So now Im worried that Ive developed some type of intestinal infection due to the surgery. Any idea or suggestions? My post-op appointment with the surgeon isnt for another 2 weeks.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012