Opacity in right lung, cold, coughing mucus. Chest X-ray done. Lung cancer?

I had a chest x-ray and they found opacity in the right lower lung medially. I had a second x-ray and the doctor called me in, but I have to wait for the appointment. Is this cancer? Also: I had a bad cold in March, lasted a month. I - laboriously- coughed up a lot of mucus from very deep. I never experienced anything like this. I did not have a cold or flu over 20 years, and I used to cough from my throat only. I am 60 years old, female. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012