172 Doctors are Online twitching or throbbing of left cheek close to eye. Painless but uncomfortable. Is lesser sleep cause of this?

I just noticed that there is a twitching or throbbing on my left cheek close to my left eye.I just got married and had started a new job that keeps me awake for longer hours.I don t know what it is completely comes and keeps me very uncomfortable.looking into the mirrow when it starts,I could see the skin on my cheek vibrate...Help please.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013

Based on the information it seems that you are having twitching near eyelid and its painless, and wanting to know what is it.

Their are many possible causes for the twitching viz.
1) Stress induced twitching.
2) low calcium may lead to twitching.
3) High caffeine intake may lead to twitching.

1) Try to relax and take some time off.
2) Reduce caffeine intake.
3) If above two method do not work that go and consult physician and get your blood calcium level check.

Hope it helps,