Only one period after getting of birth control, had mild spotting, positive pregnancy tests, scheduled for sonogram. Any insights?

Hi - I have a pregnancy question. I got off birth control in September and it wasn t until Nov. 29th that I had my first cycle (first day of) that was normal of 5 days. I ve been tracking since however just found out i am pregnant on day 55! I never had another cycle in between. I did have spotting/tinting that I guess is the implantation bleed about 6 days ago which lines up perfecting with a positive test found yesterday. I know that the weeks of pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last cycle but I m just wondering if that is still the case. You may not be able to answer that. But I just wondered if it was the assumption i should make. I have an appointment next thursday (in a week plus) where they said they are doing a sonogram so I suppose we ll have a good answer then. I m just wondering if you could give me any insight prior?! Thanks! Kerroline
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013