Only one eye being wet and leaking for years now. Not an infection. What could it be?

I have had a problem with my left eye being wet and leaking for years now. I dont know what sets it off. I can help at any random time and then it will leak for anywhere frome hours to days. It has been doing this for about 8 years. I have been to doctors and can find no sign of infection. It only happens to this one eye. Never the other one. The season makes no difference either. My sister suffers the same thing in the same eye. What could it be? It is extrememly irriating.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013