Ongoing right ear pain, burning and stabbing kind. After tonsils removal taste gone. Reasons ?

I have had right ear pain, ongoing for nine months...r/o thryroid, lung cancer/s, had tonsils removed. Pain feels like someone has lit a match and blown it out...burning, stabbing at about a 4 pain level always. Since having my tonsils removed in July, things taste funny, my right eye sometimes drifts to the outside, the ear pain persists, and is worse when I lie down. I had a bout of vertigo when this first started nine months ago.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012