One year old, hard stools, every time. Recommendations?

My one year old kid is passing very hard stools. It doesnot come out very easily; most of the time he cries a lot while passing motion. Earlier he was taking formula milk lactogen, but we stopped it 1 month back. Now he is on pasturized cow milk. We give him lot of fruits like banana, mosambi, apple & orange etc .. but he takes very little of it. We also feed him cerelac.

Earlier he had this problem once in week or 2 weeks .. but now he is having this problem everytime he passes motion.

I am not able to understand how to correct this.

Is there any medication required for this?

Thanks & Regards
Rupesh
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
HI
Thank fro asking to HCM
Very common problem among the toddlers, just take care in diet, first give him water frequently even if not demanded, reduce high cholesterol diet, give more fibrous diet, protein, stop giving on counter food products, home made food is the best for kids, like cereals khichdi daliya, mung daal, do not feed the kid at any time make schedule for it, medicine has got no role until and unless proved clinically, have nice day.