One side of the nail detached from the skin after a trauma. Will it heal gradually?

I had a trama to mybigtoe toe nail 2 days ago when I was kicked very hard in a swimming pool. The nail did bleed alot but stop after antiobiotic and bandaids were applied. I was in alot of pain originally and had a hard time walking. I have noticed that one side of the nail is not attached to the nail but it is much easier to walk now. Do I need to have a Podiatrist look at the toe or will it reattach eventually by itself.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012