One nostril remains blocked every time, green yellow colored mucus. Is nose surgery the only option ?

Hey Doc. i have problem of nose blockage from last 5 years. one nazal of my nose remain block every time. & in nigh with which side i sleep that nazel blocked automatically after some time and in morning when i used to clear my nose a green and yellow coloured thick muke comes outside. due to this now i am having problem with my throat and ears also. and a loan time head pain also occured after the interval of 2 or 3 days. due to this i feel laziness through all the day and feel irritation doctors advised me a nose surgury but i am not ready for this because i heared from many persons who are suffering from this that this surgury never come long term successfulness. disease come rehappened after some time. is their any remeady to surgury to cure this?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012