One month old having black tongue. Thrush diagnosed. Need a second opinion

My one one month old baby has a black tongue on the sides mostly. It looked greenish and bumpy few days back but now the middle has cleared and the sides have turned black. He eats poops and even smiles sometimes. Doctor said thrush but I need another opinion. The black is bothersome. He is a bit fussy but I don't know if all babies like this. He does make a umma umma sound many times when sucking or getting fed. He has no rash. No cold. No other places. Can you help.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013