One kidney, diabetes, have problems with knee, taking hydro-codon. will it affect the kidney function?

my husband has only on kidney due to the removal of the other due to cancer in the kidney, he is having problems with his knee and he also has diabeties He was given meloxiam with his Kidney doctor lists not to take. He also has Hydrocodon I want to know if Hydrocodeon will affect his kidney function since it is in the mid 20 s at present. I can t get not get in contact with the kidney doctor. A shot given to him in the knee spiked up his sugar level very high so that is out.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012