One dark purple vein on scrotum on left testicle, feels thicker. What could it be ?

I have one dark purple vein on my scrotum on my left testicle . I ve seen it there before and it s stayed there. Also on that same testicle the cord feels a lot thicker and on the back of the testicle there seems to be a few bumps that look a bit like enlarged veins as well. Any idea what this could be? I don t know if it s enlarged or how large it is supposed to be in comparison to the other one and sometimes it feels a bit heavier/harder as well. I m not sure if this could be testicular cancer or not. I visited my doctor recently but he didn t check the testicles and I m not sure if I should go back or not for this.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012