One and a half year old baby searching private part and crying due to disturbance

my 1 and a half year old girl during night starts scratching her private parts and cry due due to disturbance I immediately washed her body and applied some Castor oil please advice what to do during such time my 1 and a half year old girl during night starts scratching her private parts and cry due due to disturbance I immediately washed her body and applied some Castor oil please advice what to do during such time
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
hiii,

I think it is due to worm infestation (may be Thread Worm). So maintain proper hygiene of your baby girl with cleanliness of genitals each time after urination and defecation. Care about nappy change.

Use medicine like Tab Albandazole 200mg chewing tabs at night...may be repeated after 1 wk.

All the best.