On yawning ear popped up violently and hurting badly. Tried to un pop, severe pain and ear felt strange and sore. What is causing it?

i yawned and my ear popped rather voilently and hurts really badly and when i tryed to un pop it by pinching my nose and breathing in through it it hurt even worse and prevented me from doing it, i finally plucked up the courage to un pop it and it was an intense pain afterwards my ear felt starnge and a bit sore im not too consernd but id really like to know whats goin on. please and thankyou =]
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012