On two week wait periods, twinges and weird feelings, too early for home pregnancy test. What could it be?

I am comming to the end of my tww period and af is due the 16th of May but the last two days I have been having these weird twinges not really painful but annoying alternating from my left and right side and last about 10 minutes each time they occur, what could it be? It is too early to take a hpt but never experienced this before.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012
hello and thank you for asking HCM,

I understand your concern. It is not to early to make a pregnancy test at the time you are expecting your next period. My suggestion is to make the test because these symptoms could be premenstrual but also connected with early pregnancy. If the test is positive visit your gynecologist to start with prenatal care. If it is negative and you don't get your period, also visit your gynecologist to make a proper examination because of the symptoms you are having.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.