On treatment for rheumatoid arthritis for long. Had gastric bypass surgery. Reason of getting pain?

i had gastric bypass surgery 10 yrs ago. i have had rhuematoid arthritis since i was 17 and am now 48. i live in maine where the laws for narcotic rescrictions r strict. my rhuematologist sent a report with bloodwork and exrays to my pcp suggesting because of the long term damage in my joints, he would suggest 10 mg oxycodone every six hours. well she cut it in half and gave me 2 but at least it was of some help. in maine u have to sign a contract about random urine tests. so i had a random test one day and it came up that i had no opiates in my system. i have absolutely been taking the meds like i am supposed 2 and this is the second time this has happened. so now i have to find another doctor and with these failed tests following me, i dont see how i will be able to get ,y pain meds back. i am quickly physically going downhill without themand life is getting very limited. because i have had GB surgery and everything seems to go in one end and out the other very quickly, could this be the problem? i feel i am being looked at like an addict and don t know what to do at this point. please give me some answers.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012