On treatment for bacterial tonsillitis, getting a chesty cough, brown phlegm with sore throat, persistent enlarged glands. Help?

Hi im a 21 year old male, had bacterial tonsillitis two weeks ago, treated with clarithromycin for 5 days which cleared it. But as it was being cleared by the antibiotics I started to get a chesty cough. Now I ve coughing up large amounts of brown phlegm every morning with a sore throat at the same time. Later in the day there s less coughing but still producing a clearer sputum . No noticeable fever or other symptoms. Been hydrating quite well. I had mono at the start of summer which only lasted about 3 weeks with noticeable symptoms. glands are still slightly enlarged but they were worse with the tonsillitis. Thaks
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012