On treatment for UTI and thrush. Had burning sensation on the pubic area after shaving, pain different from UTI pain. What can it be?

Hi. I have just shaved my downstairs using normal shower gel (that I use everyday and have been using to shave for the past couple of months) and when I went to the toilet immediately afterwards this burning sensation appeared. This has never happened before. Why is this happening? p.s. I have checked that I have not cut myself in any way and I am currently being treated for UTI and thrush so it couldn t be either of them... could it? (burning sensation was different comparing to the ones you get from UTI)
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
May 2013
The possible causes for your problem are :
- Sometimes minor mucosal cuts may not be visible and can cause burning sensation.
- Vaginal thrush can cause burning sensation. And this can get aggregated by the contents in the shower gel.
Usually minimal burning will subside soon.
If the burning sensation persists or increases, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
With her advice you can use local anti inflammatory and analgesic creams, that will help in decreasing the symptoms.
Oral analgesic tablets also help in decreasing the symptoms.
Sitz bath can also help to some extent.