On thyroxine calcium and vit d after total thyroidectomy, painful leg aches, advised magnesium. Is it ok to take 2 tablets ?

I had a total thyroidectomy in sept 2012. I have been taking thyroxine calcium and vitamin d daily since. I have been experiencing really painful aches in my legs, mostly at night since. I was told told to take a magnesium tablet at night which didn t seem to help so have since been advised by the chemist to take 2 at night. Some nights it is so painful they keep me awake and I end up taking a strong pain killer which also helps me sleep. Are these pains normal?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013