On thyroid medicines, have constant weight gain. Tips for weight reduction and dietary precautions?

Hi Doctor , I m a Female. Age: 24 years 9 months. I m under thyroid medication for the past 10 years electrocin 100mg. For the past 1 year i m continuously putting on weight and its unshaped my body. Planning to get married in 1 year. Can i go ahead with marriage at this situation or should i go with some pre marital check ups ? Please tell me know how to reduce body weight and what are all the foods that mainly I(Thyroid Patient) should avoid. Please help me with your valuable output which are appropriate to me.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012