On the pill, had unprotected sex, negative pregnancy tests. Clear discharge, menstrual pain. Miscarriage?

I just wanted some.advice, basically I am on the pill and I started four months ago. However, me and my partner have had unprotected sex when I first started my pill and I know the pill is not very effective at first. I took some pregnancy tests and it came negative but when I came off my pill to have my period, there was a jelly like substance that slipped out of me. It was around 3-4 inches wide and it was a little red but also clear and had no smell. I also had very sharp pains during my period and when it came out the pains stopped. I just wanted to know does this sound like a miscarriage?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013