On the birth control pill, having extreme pains and gastric. What is the problem?

Hello, I was on the birth control pill (alesse) at the second month on the pill during my period I realized that I was having extreme pains in regards to excess gas. This would be so painful that I would not be able to go trough my day, and it continued every month. I have now stopped the pill and I am on my period at this moment, usually the pain occurs on the 2nd and 3rd days. All the docots I go to tell me that its my diet but its not!
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012