On steroids for pharyngitis. Visible epiglottis. What is the reason?

My epiglottis is visible and is taking space in my mouth. I have seen a GP and said it was pharlingitis I have been on steroids for 4 days and antibiotics as well. Tomorrow is my last day of steroids and five more days left of antibiotic. These drugs have stopped the swelling of my toncels. However my epiglottis is still visable and taking up space. I can breath and swollow fine BUT I am a singer and my epiglottis, which has never been there and is not my uvula , is getting in the way of how I sound. My living depends on me being able to sing. Do you know what this could be or what I could do get my epiglottis back to where it is suppose to be. Thank you. Ps as I am a singer I have seen the inside of my mouth for years now an have never seen it.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013