On steroids, antibiotic for chest infection. Does coming across with chicken pox patient will affect him?

hi my husband is 64 years old for the last week he has been on steroids and antibiotic for a chest infection. He does not seem any better and went back to the doctor today who gave him another course of steroids. On reading the leaflet I discovered that if he comes across anyone with the chicken pox/ shingles to contact his doctor. My grandson was in yesterday he is 11 months old and has the chicken pox. Should my hubby go back see his doctor? thank you
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013