On several birth control pills, do not have periods after stopping the pills, pregnancy ruled out. What could the cause be?

I’m worried the pill has messed up my body ? I have been on the patch for 2 months, yazmin for 6 and yaz 1 all it the space of a year. I had terrible side effects with all three! I decided to spot on 13 August and I haven’t had my period since then. I stop in between tacking the yazmin and the yaz for a month and my period came normally like it did before I started using birth control . I want to the doctor on the 13 of September and took blood test just to make sure I was not pregnant so I can take the medicine for migraine . He said it was normal for it to be a week or two late after stopping the pill but now it has been 49 days (7 weeks). I have read that for some woman it has been 3 -4 months but I don’t like just sitting and waiting for my period I’m worried. I know I’m not pregnant but want to be in the next year.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012