On plaquenil, diagnosed with astigmatism, severe dryness in eye. X-ray shows unstable cornea. Could this be due to plaquenil?

I take a medication called Plaquenil for Lupus and was sent to the opthomoligist for a specific test for side effects to the medication. The Dr said that testing came back good but he discovered I have an astigmitism and am near sighted, left eye only, causing bluriness. I also have severe dry eye with no symptoms. The Dr. thinks it is not due to the medication but may send me to a specialist to diagnose why the sudden astigmitism and near sightedness, may be from the dry eye. The xray shows my cornea is unstable, keeps changing causing astigmitism. Could it be from the Plaquenil? even though the side effects are more of retinal issues and not corneal.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012