On pills for years. Noticed bleeding before sex, periods due. Is it normal?

hi I have been on the Pill for more years that I can remember. I am 38 and for the 1st time ever in all the years I noticed a little blood but not the same colour as a period this was like a diluted bright red. At the time i didnt have a partner or had a physical relationship up untill a few weeks ago. Now i am due my period this week ( took my last pill on Sunday morning as I always do) but having sex has made me notice some slight bleeding again. Is this perfectly normal and nothing for me to worry about?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013