On peritoneal dialysis, has loss of appetite, weakness, diagnosed to be down with infection. What kind of infection could it be?

Hi Doctor, My father is on Peritoneal Dialysis since last 2 years. Suddenly few days back (about a month Back) he has started losing his appetite . Infact in last 1 week he has not eaten anything. He says he doesn t feel eating. He has become very weak, loosing nearly 2 Kg of his weight every week. We got some blood tests done and the general practitioner says all are normal. The fluid after dialysis is showing cloudiness. So today we contacted our nephrologist who asked us to admit him immediately as it seems to be clearly infection. I am still not clear what kind of infection ?? Is it the site entry/exit infection or peritonitis ? Our doc said that he just needs to clear out all the infection from the peritoneum. He won t be shifted to HD during this period and PD would continue.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013