On nuva ring, took it out a week later than usual. Is it normal ?

Hi, I ve been on the nueva ring for about 4 years now and I took it out a week later than usual because I couldn t get in to set an appointment up to get more. The doctor said that it would e fine. I got my period yesterday and usually on te secon day it s heavier. But today I woke up and it s still really light. Is that normal if you take the nueva ring out a week late?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Taking the ring one week late will not cause any adverse affects until and unless you catch up infection with that. As there is normal period now no need to worry much. There will be heavier periods after removal and that is absolutely normal but if it persists then consultation is needed and your doctor may prescribe tablets to control bleeding like tab.pause. But at present there is nothing wrong with you to get worried. Take care.