On nebulizer course for asthma attacks, had ear infection, advised steroid, inhaler, no improvement. Solution?

I was using my nebulizer for my asthma as directed by my doctor when it caused me to have an asthma attack. The side effects of the treatment have been getting progressively worse over the past couple times. My mom had to unplugs the machine because I was shaking and not breathing. It stopped after about a minute of being off the nebulizer and breathing (trying to) deeply. Over the past month I ve had an ear infection , been on two different antibiotics and just finished an round of steroids to try to stop my coughing. My doctor has been trying the aggressive method to combat this by giving me the steroid, taking my ProAir inhaler 4-6 times every 4hours, a Flovent inhaler twice a day, along with using a nebulizer once a day. I haven t gotten any better and this method I ve been using since Monday...I was told I was supposed to feel much better by now. I feel the same and am extremely exhausted. What else should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012