On microgynon contraception. Can I take it for extended duration?

hello! My question is about microgynon contraception . I have been on it for 5 months. i have taken 5 weeks worth no break (i ran my second pack back to back) i was wondering if its possible to break a week early and take five weeks instead of six? i usually have my seven day break on a tuesday. then id resume my next pack after my seven day break. many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
You can continue with the hormonal pill and take it for an extended period but it can cause some menstrual irregularities.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,