On metrogyl 400 for bacteria infection of vagina. Recovery time?

Hi , i am on metrogyl 400 for bacteria infection of vagina , How long does it take for the medicine to take affect ? i have been usung it for 4 days & still a lot of discomfort. I have to take it for a nother 8 days 3 times a day . Do you think it is going to help me?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Mar 2012
hi welcome to HCM,
it is always advisable to undergo antibiotic sensitivity & culture before starting any antibiotic treatment ,the doses ,course of treatment depends on various factors like : 1) type & nature of infection 2) severity of infection 3) possible side-effects vs beneficial effects 4)route of administration etc .
let your clinician determine your drug & doses ,avoid over the counter drugs ,for better prognosis .
hope ,for your speedy recovery