On methotrexate, took injection for ectopic pregnancy treatment, tests do not show change in hcg levels, have occasional spotting. Advise?

Hello. I am currently on methotrexate to treat an ectopic pregnancy . I had the injection Friday, at which point my hcg was around 2400. I had my labs checked again today, and the obgyn RN called me to tell Memy levels have stayed the same. However, I understand it s really the second hcg test that will tell if treatment worked. I m concerned that there was no change at allot my levels, I have left sided mild aching and the occasional blood clot, light spotting. Any recommendations or reassurance? I called my clinic back, but did not receive a call back.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012