On methadone, getting suicidal thoughts on lowering dosage. What should I do?

I have been on methadone for 15 years. I have managed to go from 100mg a day to 30mg a day. I just lost my doctor and I can t find one who will give me at least 40mg a day. I can make it on 40mg but right now I am getting suicidal. My grandfather holds my meds b/c I get in so much pain I take extra and run short. Should I try to find another doctor or go with the one who wrestled me to the floor infront of the staff for trying to get my grandpa to tell him i wasn t selling them. Please help desperately, Nick H.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012