On metformin, clomid. Bleeding. Applied progesterone cream. What is the cause of bleeding?

3rd month on Metformin . Started 50 mg Clomid days 3-7 this cycle, ovulated on CD15 and also started light bleeding that same day. I have been bleeding lightly ever since(enough to use lite 1-2 tampons or a pad daily) and it is now CD 21, had Progesterone blood draw yesterday CD20 and it came back 4.61... I started applying Progesterone Crean after blood draw, and still the bleeding continues. Period is not due to start for 8 more days... What could be causing this bleeding? I m 39, 5 9 , and weigh 215
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012