On medicines for high BP, seem to have fluctuation in BP throughout the day, with sinus infections. Any ideas?

I am in my 70 s and have high blood pressure. I am usually stablized at 140/70 with medications . I take Adalat (60mg), Toperol XL (50mg), Spironolactone (50mg), Avapro (150mg) and a diuretic (HCTZ 12.5 mg) daily. For the last 6 weeks, my blood pressure has been fluctuating greatly from 190/80 to 130/ 70 throughout the day. I am in good shape and get regular exercise. I am not stressed or upset. I have had recurring sinus infection problems for years for which I have been on antibiotics and steriods this winter. Other than that, I am in good health. My recent bloodwork was all in normal range. My doctor has changed the times and dosages of my medications but that has not stabilized my b.p. Any ideas what might be happening?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013