On medicines for high BP, cholesterol, have pronounced uneasiness in chest, irregular heartbeats. Thyroid sign?

I am a 58 year old active woman, and a non smoker. I enjoy sports and eat a healthy diet. I have no allergies but I do have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so am on a statin and bp lowering meds. Over the past year I have had some puzzling symptoms that have increased to the point that they don t go away. I have a pronounced unrelaxed sensation in my chest. Last time I went swimming resulted in an irregular heartbeat that lasted for two hours followed by this dreadful feeling of unease in my chest that has been with me ever since. When I play tennis my heart bounds. When I try to relax it s impossible because the tension is always there. I even wake up with it in the morning. The puzzle is that I have no anxiety surrounding my circumstances. I m happily married, enjoy my job and have no financial worries. The feeling I m experiencing is completely overwhelming and is spoiling my quality of life. Could it be a thyroid problem?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013