On medication for idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy, aggravated by frequent ventricular tachycardia. Opinion ?

Dear Dr Grief Was diagnosed with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy 15 years ago. Am on all heart medications inclusive amiodarone and pradaxa. Have biventricular pace maker and defibrillator. Chronic atrial fibrillation , did not respond to cardioversion anymore before device implant. Disease aggravated now by frequent sustained ventricular tachycardia and/or ventricular fibrillations whereby pace maker paces me out of each time after about 5 to 10 minutes. Ablation is considered too dangerous. I arrived at the end of the line I suppose, pity because I am otherwise healthy and trying to lose weight. I am 67 yo. Anything else on the horizon? Thank you for your kind opinion. Sincerely AAAA
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013