On marinol pills after bypass surgery. Any long term effect on heart on smoking medical marijuana?

Hi had double bypass daft surgery 3 weeks ago. While in hospital was being given marinol pills. When sent home from hospital advised me OK to smoke my medicinal marijuana. The first two weeks home did not smoke much due to fear of excessive coughing. The past week have been smoking more frequently because it helps better with pain more than narcotics. Is this Ok and what would be the long term effects on my heart since my cab surgery regarding smoking medicinal marijuana.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013