On marijuana, shoulder and arm gets sore. Is it very serious?

I smoke marijuana regularly and have for years, recently every time I smoke my body gets really achy and my left shoulder/ arm is very soar and feels weighed down, my head also hurts often. I don t plan on quoting any time soon because with such a crazy life schedule it s the one thing that relaxes me at the end of the day but I want to make sure that the pains I m having isn t something more serious. Any ideas why this could be happening?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Smoking marijuana may cause you to have a variety of different and unexplained symptoms. Your shoulder and arm getting sore may be related to marijuana or another medical condition. You can find out if it is a medical condition by quitting the use of marijuana. I also believe that you may need to take a break from the crazy schedule and have yourself be seen by a psychiatrist, relating a thorough history and getting a physical examination, testing with lab work as well as maybe imaging studies to help diagnose the condition. The first step however is to consult a psychiatrist.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!