On low carb diet plan, tingling in arms and legs, had fast food diet. Cause for numbness and tingling?

I recently went on a low carb diet , its been 2 days now! Im experiencing a lot of tingling in my arms legs, they fall asleep on me being in the same position for more than 5 mins. Prior to my diet, I was a fast food junky, eating chocolate, chips , pastries anything bad for You , u name it. ! also smoke close to a pack of cigarettes a day, that s the next thing im quitting as soon as i lose some weight. Can sugar and carbohydrate withdrawal cause this numbness and tingling im feeling?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012