On lisinopril for BP. High readings. Medication to take effect in?

how long should it take for bp meds to take effect? I m on 20mg of linsinopril once a day and 6.25 coreg twice a day. I ve been on it for a month and my readings are still way to high. I am still in the adjustment stage of this new lifestyle. I am not overweight , worked out regularly, don t eat much sodium , my kidney functions are normal, I don t smoke and never have, I drink lots of water (no alcohol or sodas). I considered myself to be rather healthy, until a month ago when my nose started bleeding and my bp was 260/160 with no symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012