On lisinopril and topril. Have low blood pressure. Stopped smoking. Can I stop taking medication?

I have been having low blood pressure for almost a month and I am on lisipril and topril daily. I had a colin attack at work Friday and it was a bad one. My blood pressure dropped so much it wouldn t register on our cuff so they called the EMT s, it was around 80-40 when we left to go to the hosp. I went to my doctor next day and I told him I had quit smoking 4 weeks ago and he told me that he is taking me off of my blood pressure med. because without smoking and taking my blood pressure that it was bringing my pressure to be to low. Is this the correct thing to do and he didn t tell wing myself off. Can I just stop taking it. I am still taking my beta blocker . Thank you for your help. It is hard now a days to get all of your questions answered in one visit to the doctor, even when you write notes to ask him.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013