On implanon, have excessive bleeding. Advised primolut. Is it safe?

I have used implanon as a contraception for many years and have recently been bleeding extensively during the month. I have had a pelvic ultrasound which shows the lining of the uterus to be normal. My doctor has prescribed primolut daily I an attempt to stabilize the bleeding. The information in the handout for primolut indicates that you should use a non hormonal method of contaception while taking this tablet. I can t seem to find a clear answer and am slightly frustrated that this was t disclosed by my doctor because the I use implanon specifically as my choice of only source of contraceptive in a long term relationship. Can you shed any light?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012