On healthy diet for weight loss. Weight loss stopping after exercise. Causes?

Why is it that as soon as I increase exercise my weight loss stops? I am on a weight reducing diet - a healthy diet that basically reduces fat and increases fruit and veg. It includes some carbs, some roughage, some milk products and some treats. I have lost a significant amount but still have a stone or two to go. I understand - and have read - about muscles supposedly weighing more than fat, but as soon as I undertake any formal exercise class ( aerobics in particular), the weight loss stops. It is so frustrating.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012