On hcg diet, have extreme pain above waist, blood in urine. Test showed small tear in kidney. Possibility of diet contributing to the condition?

A friend of mine was taken to the hospital with the following symptoms: Extreme pain on his right side just above the waist Blood in his urine There was also what looked like a blood clot in the urine pain with urination A procedure revealed he had a small tear in his kidney but he says he has had no trauma to that area at all. This is not his first go around but he recently started the hcg diet again. Is there any possibility that taking hcg can contribute to his condition? I m a bit skeptical about this hcg. My wife did the diet and developed a food allergy that seems to have completely disappeared upon discontinuing hcg use. The friend I m referring to above loves crabs - and yet after being on hcg for some time he is now allergic to them! Very strange to me... Now this - kidney problems about 7 days after starting hcg again. Coincidence? Or could there be something to this? J
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013