On frequent IV drugs, have a missed vein. Took penicillin. Am I okay?

a friend of mine for the first time iv a drug into his vein on his right forearm , a another friend of mine is a frequent iv drug user and has said that i have missed the vein, there is a large red bump that feels swollen and hard and just days after it feels as though it is in the musscle . it hurts and he is having trouble with moving his hand as it stretches the muscle he has penicillin from a previous injury. Would this be OK to take to clear the infection or will it have to be lanced? please help. thanks
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013