On final day of strep medicines, taking z pack, have peeling hands and feet, no pain. Side effect of medicine or scarlet fever?

Recently had strep throat . The rapid test came back negative but I asked they culture a swab because it really felt like strep. I called back two days later and it was positive for strep. The nurse practitioner called in amoxicillin for 10 days. I was very very sick by the time I started several days of high fever and it took about 3 days on antibiotics to feel better. About 2days after amoxicillin throat started hurting again so my doctor called in a z pack. I feel fine now but on the final day of a pack my hand started peeling and about a week later my feet are peeling. It is not painful but since this appears to be a symptom of scarlet fever I wanted to ask. Is peeling hands and feet a side effect of antibiotics?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
This can be the side effect of the z pack antibitics.
The z pack contains azithromycin which is a broad spectrum antibiotic used commonly for throat and chest infection in complicated and sever cases. This antibiotic has various side effect related to the skin which can be some time very sever also. It can rarely cause hypersensitivity side effects in the form of angioedema, anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
So this presentation can be because of the antibiotic which you have take for your throat infection. If the skin peeling is severe and hurting and increasing I would suggest you to contact your doctor again for this.
Thanks and take care.